Friday, October 1, 2010

The 10 Most Memorable Reasons To Mourn Stephen J. Cannell

I had thought about suggesting That Their TV fans turn sets off for an hour tonight as a tribute to the legacy of Stephen J. Cannell, the WHO Passed away yesterday as a result of Complications Associated with melanoma, But since I do not think it's possible for an hour to go by without one of his shows airing somewhere on your dial, I'm grieving he'd much Rather you watch his work please mourn his loss. It was not Until I was in my twenties That I sat back and Took stock of just how much Cannell HAD Both contributed to my childhood and my teenage years. I mean, my God, you hate Thurs overuse the word "ubiquitous," But if you look at How Many Times, his name turns up in the credits of series of Which are Considered To Be staples of the 1970s and 1980s, you realize That you couldn 't turn around without hitting a series That they had occurred either created or co-created.
Here are the 10 series from Stephen J. Cannell 's Body of Work That I'll continue enjoy Thurs' til ... well,' til I join Stephen J. Cannell. If I've left out one of your favorites, be sure to cite it in the comments section.
10. Baa Baa Black Sheep (1976 - 1978): Based on the Experiences of Pappy Boyington USMC flyboy and his "Black Sheep Squadron" DURING World War II, I could not have cared less about this series "when it was originally on the air, But It was required viewing for my father. Later, I realized That The Man Who Played Pappy was the Same Guy who'd Been kicking ass as James T. West's "The Wild Wild West" - Robert Conrad - and decided to Give the show a chance. I do not know if it was as historically accurate as it was supposed Probably To Be, But it proved Conrad That Could Even sweet WWII cool.
9. Baretta (1975 - 1978): Obviously, Robert Blake's subsequent Shenanigans in his personal life has tarnished his reputation as an actor, Especially since there's now an Entire Generation WHO only knows him for his work is a Court TV, But in his day, Baretta was a full-fledged bad-ass ... and so, for That Matter, was his theme song.
8. Hardcastle and McCormick (1983 - 1986): The only thing That screams "the '80s" More Than McCormick's car is the theme song, But Brian Keith and Daniel Hugh Kelly HAD good chemistry, and Keith helped set the Decade's industry standard for curmudgeonly Characters .

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains