Sunday, October 31, 2010

Excitement Builds for the Breeders’ Cup

David "Buc" Geier helps run the Cocktail Corner, a tavern in the horse-racing Hinterland of Kansas City, Mo.. They has as Many opinions and ideas on the Sport of Kings as they arent uncashable tickets in his desk drawer.

EARLIER this century, I would be all atwitter about the coming Breeder's Cup. Since the closing of the Woodlands Racetrack in Kansas, HOWEVER, my interest has waned. Three hours in Any Direction Thurs participate in the parimutuel experience, has Taken the joy out of my favorite event of the year. But I feel the tide turning: I have An invitation to participate in The Rail, Which is still beyond my comprehension, and a generous benefactor offering tickets To this glorious event. That Combine with knowing someone with a filly in the Juvenile on Friday, and the juices are slowing pumping.

Now the early past performances are out. 184 horses are you kidding me? What a challenge. This is tougher Than Taking a month off in college and showing up for the Finals. Be forewarned, if Memory Serves Me, I did not fare too well, But I did graduate. It is Breeder's Cup weekend, you do not have to hit all your wagers. Just one, correctly, To Make it Worthwhile. That is a pretty Lofty goal for me at this point.

I am nowhere near the point of declaring a daylight winner Zenyatta, like Joe Drape, But it Would Be a Storybook Ending. Love the horse and the connections. Also I thought she was Horse of the Year in 2009, but no one asked me. She has her chance again this year, if she wins.

Should Goldikova somethings garner votes, if she wins. Could you deny Workforce, if they are wins the Arc, the Epsom and the Breeders' Cup Turf in the Same Year? What about lookin at Lucky? They Had a horrendous trip in the Santa Anita and Kentucky Derby, But then they won the Preakness, Haskell and the all-important Indiana Derby. If they closes it out with the classic score, then they is Horse of the Year?

Hey, this is getting To Be fun again.

Before I forget. Many were hammering Drape about his call is the one of the greatest Classic fields ever in 2010. Did not they say THE greatest, they said ONE of the greatest fields ever. It was one of the great ones. But Any hearts knows, the greatest field was in 1987, with Ferdinand, Alysheba, Cryptoclearance, Gulch, Afleet, Skywalker and Judge Angelucci. At least, this rummy thinks so.

Now it is time to get lost in the PPS and must decide what to do with the response I will Acquire fortunes next week. Benz, Beemer? Or Should I try and pick up a couple shifts Busingen tables to Pay for the inevitable Financial Fiasco?

I have no opinion in at this time, it is Any race. But Within 48 hours, I will be Drape, Crist and Beyer, all rolled into one. Or That was Moe, Larry and Curly?

As always, I hope all jocks and horses good health and safe trips.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains