Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ethan Zohn's N.Y.C. Marathon Goal: Following in Dad's Footsteps

Asked why he's running the New York City Marathon Less Than a Year after Completing Treatment for Cancer, Ethan Zohn CAN only laugh.

"Well, I like to put myself through pain, I guess You Could Say," they says. But more Seriously, they ADDS, "My father ran a New York City marathon" when I was a kid, and I always wanted to follow in his Thurs Footsteps. "

But injuries - and cancer - got in the way of Survivor: Africa Winner's goal. "In 2008, I was ready to do it but i tore my ACL," they says of his anterior cruciate ligament, in his knee. "[Last year] I was ready to run it again, but i was diagnosed with cancer. So, 2010 Comes Along, and this my year!"

More NYC Marathon: Chilean Miner Edison Peña Running


Zohn also Life is fulfilling the dream they thought about while going under Treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma. After receiving is a stem cell transplant, he'd stare out the window at Manhattan's First Ave., Where The runners will race on Nov.. 7. "I visualized myself running up everyday That road and crossing the finish line," they says. "It Provided we are a lot of inspiration - and nine, 10 months later I'm going to be doing it!"

Plenty of Support

Zohn admits while they That's a bit nervous, as they knows they are a lot of support, from Including Members Of His Grassroots Soccer Charity, for Whom he's running.

"The beauty is I'm not just running for myself, so I can not stop," they says of the Organization, Which provides HIV / AIDS knowledge, life skills and support Thurs at-risk youth in Africa. "We're one big happy family." The Team Also Includes former Bachelor star Lorenzo Borghese, soccer player Leslie Osborne and One Life to Live's Brett Claywell.

And on the side lines, Zohn's family will be cheering him is, Alongside his girlfriend of seven years, Jenna Morasca.

"She'll be running as hard as I am to keep up with me at all points in the race," they says of his partner, who's getting her Masters in Clinical Psychology at Columbia University. "She's fantastic."

The two are Currently Collaborating on a book and Developing a reality TV show, but Do not Expect Thurs hear wedding bells just yet. "We'll see how the marathon goes," Zohn says with a laugh.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains