Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Leeds Armistice Day Traffic Silenced After Campaign

Jack Swindells
After last year's city ceremony, Jack Swindells, 94, from Otley, Leeds council contacted Because they felt traffic noise disrupted the event had occurred.
Now the Authority has Agreed Thurs halt traffic around the cenotaph DURING the Armistice Day ceremony on Friday.

He said: "I was delighted" when I heard. I feel quite Justified in raising the matter. "

Mr. Swindells was 23 "when they Went to Fight in World War II.

He said: "I lost quite a lot of friends ... school friends," some of my colleagues were lost by armored units coming through the camp and others by dive bombing ... I have very vivid memories of What Happened. "

Over the years, they has Attended the city's Armistice Day ceremony, Bout said the traffic noise was a Distraction DURING the two-minute silence.

"It's always annoyed me That Traffic Continues to go past.

"I just felt in view of the Present Conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan That So Many Lives are still being lost the council refuse Could Hardly.

"I would have Regarded it as an insult to the people are sacrificing That Their Lives Every Day."

Leeds City Council said road closures Would be in place along the Headrow and Park Row Between Row Oxford from 1058 and 1103 BST.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains