Thursday, November 11, 2010

'Today' Says Goodbye to Gene Shalit

I tuned into "Today" to see how the show Would not say Goodbye to Gene Shalit, the WHO Retired Occupying yesterday on his "Critic's Corner" there for 41 years. (Did they time Exit to escape his reviewing "Morning Glory?") In an era of fractured and volatile workplaces, it was sweet to see So Many "Today" Personalities, Past and Present, Including Jane Pauley, Tom Brokaw, Katie Couric and , express the pleasure They Took in a colleague's Company. Shalit is a pop icon, so I understand why They emphasized Shalit's personality, from what somethings Called his Muppet-like look (I think they looks more like Groucho, Chico and Harpo rolled into one), to His penchant for the kind of fun That brightens up an office. (They're nicknamed Bryant Gumbel "Gumbo"; Gumbel Called him "Green Salad").
shalit
Still, the segment did Have to Devote More Time to His Celebrity Interviews and his membership in the "Today" clan please it did to His reviews? After Four Decades, Would not It Have Been nice to learn what kinds of movies they are championed over the years, and thought Which they were bankrupt or destructive? And will the "Today" show replace him? Or will the post of morning-show Movie Critic Become a Thing of the Past?

I've Never Been a constant viewer of 'Today,' so I know Mostly Shalit as a gleefully incorrigible punster WHO says things like "Ishtar ... Ishtarrible." Did People Who Watched the show through the years to follow his Shalit Recommendations or simply enjoy him as a performer? (Steven Spielberg Recorded a video message saying That Shalit is "the audience" in all of us. Does That Mean He Is Just A Critical populists?)

Matt Lauer Told the audience That Shalit's Modesty prevented him from appearing at this tribute to him. Shalit Must Agree with the Woody Allen quote That Shalit put near the end of one of his anthologies, "Great Hollywood Wit": "Someone once asked me if my dream was to live on in the hearts of my people, and I said I would is like to live in my apartment. "

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains