Friday, December 11, 2009

Time Names Modern Warfare 2 The Best Game Of 2009


Last Year, we knocked Time Magazine for their Top 10 Video Games list and this year ... well, we're gonna do it again.

Time has named Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as the best game of 2009, Which is certain Thurs spark some controversy. There are those who say they only did it Because it's also the most popular title, but if you read their description of the game, I'm Leaning in another direction:

"Video games have something intelligent to say about contemporary military conflicts. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you hop around the globe, chasing the front lines of globalized, Asymmetrical Combat, where not everybody Wears uniforms, war is not always declared , and the battlefield is not clearly what should be marked - Battles rage through suburbs, airports and people's living rooms. "

In Reading Between the Lines, it seems like - surprise, surprise - Time wants to make a "statement" concerning the politics of Modern Warfare 2, ie, the standard far-left media slant that embraces the "war touches us all" and " you never know who your enemy really is "ideals. Game-wise, I think we all know that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a lot better than # 10 of 2009, and I think we all know that Time does not feel like Employing real gamers. At this point, I'm thinking we should just turn our hopes to the Spike TV Awards, where the nominations are almost realistic.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains