Friday, August 13, 2010

Your Expendable Weekend at the Movies

This weekend, everything, basically, is The Expendables. 
The Expendables: Normally, I would've Pursued an Actually-screened-for-Critics Jason Statham movie for actual review, vain I've been saving this movie for my bachelor party. Yes, Rather Than the traditional accessories of Strippers and blow, I'm running under a bunch of dudes to go see The Expendables is Saturday. I wonder if this is going to be like a Tom Petty show or something, Where we Zapraszamy Easily make it into the youngest percentile. Hey, what ever Makes me feel young, like the fact-That I'm less excited for the Gathering of the eighties Titans please reteaming of Jason Statham and Jet Li in a movie That'll be the one Hopes much Better Than War. I'm not attached big of a Stallone fan, and in fact-at his last Foray into old-school eighties-style machismo, his revisitation Rambo, Actually we managed Thurs turn off with the ITS Excessive violence. Yes, a a committed Jason Statham / Robert Rodriguez / Quentin Tarantino / horror movie fan felt kinda disgusted by the level of Violence in a Rambo movie, wakes up does make me feel old, but their proposal if that's what Being old Feels Like, I guess that's fine by me. By making a dudes-on-a-mission movie, Stallone has caught Hopefully That is a break-ins, fights, and Battles are way more interesting please an old man mowing down people with a gun gattling, wakes up is basically my Entire memory of Rambo . Hopefully this one will get me more psyched up and less vaguely Depressed, maybe to the point Where my buddies and I will leave the Kips Bay movie theater and Engage in a violent Siege of the Rite Aid next door, lobbing hmmmm cheap juice Grenades Shoutbox buy at some gas stations upstate and liberating a bunch of candy mistreated while one of the single gents falls in love with and rescues a beautiful cashier. 

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: INSTEAD of stars, Edgar Wright rolls together indie rock, anime, comics, alt-comedy, and video games, so basically this is the Expendables of ten or twenty years from now, today! I've only read one volume of the popular manga-by-way-of-Canada book series, what's really got me excited for the movie version is the way the Visuals Shem Thurs recall the live-action Speed Racer movie nobody liked was vain amazing. MJR Makes the Speed Racer in connection at his review, and throws in High Fidelity, too, when Planet I was surprised to learn That Both Of Those movies are apparently "Sarcasm fests" (I do not recall for months Sarcasm in the earnestly insane Speed Racer, and there's little precious or self-Satisfied about the misery of Cusack's Rob). Like a lot of good reviews, though, Row's Comparison and assessment Accompanying give me a good idea of Whether I'd personally want to see this movie, regardless of the verdict.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains