Thursday, October 7, 2010

People: Marilyn Monroe diaries dish on Peter Lawford, Arthur Miller.

A vast archive of Marilyn Monroe's private diary entries and letters was recently discovered, and is featured in the November issue of Vanity Fair, Which Came out on Thursday.
That's right - the November Issue Comes Out Seven Days on September Ends. No wonder print journalism is Doomed.
Some excerpts include Monroe writing about her feelings Toward Peter Lawford, JFK's brother-in-law. "(There is a) the feeling of Violence Lately I've had occurred about being afraid of Peter Might they harm us, poison us, etc. Why - strange look in his eyes - strange behavior. Peter Wants To Be a Woman - and Would Like To Be Me - I think. "
Monroe is on her experience at the Payne Whitney Psychiatric Ward's: "There was no empathy at the Payne Whitney - It had a very bad effect - They asked me after putting me in a" cell "(I mean the cement blocks and all) for very Disturbed Depressed Patients "(except I felt I was in Some Kind of prison for a crime I hadn't a committed). The inhumanity there I found Archaic."
Monroe Also wrote about the collapse of her marriage to play wright Arthur Miller. "Starting tomorrow I will take care of myself for that's all I really have and as I see it now've ever had. I think I hate it here Because there is no love here anymore. If I lean close I'll see - what I Do not Want To Know - Tension, Sadness, disappointment. When one wants to stay alone as my love (Arthur) indicates, on the other must stay apart. "

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Cheap Domains